Volunteer Boards & Commissions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

On October 12, 2010, the Board of Supervisors adopted a policy related to the appointments it makes to volunteer boards and commissions.

Applications are now being accepted for appointments that will be made in January.

The Supervisors will be considering appointments to the:

  • Civil Service Commission
  • Board of Health
  • Condemnation Compensation Commission
  • Owner of City Property
  • Licensed Real Estate Salespersons or Real Estate Brokers
  • Conservation Board
  • Planning & Zoning Commission
  • County Representative to the North Iowa Regional Housing Authority
  • Geneseo Township Trustee
  • Geneseo Township Clerk
  • Township Boards of Trustees where the supervisors have been granted the authority to make appointments by the electorate of the township. These townships include: Bath, Dougherty, Geneseo, Grimes, Lake, Lime Creek, Mason, Mt. Vernon, Owen, and Pleasant Valley.

Click here for a description of these Boards and Commissions or print the application to be on a Board or Commission.

State law requires the Supervisors to make a good faith effort to balance most appointive boards, commissions, committees, and councils according to gender by January 1, 2012, and each year thereafter. Applications for Board or Commission appointments may be filed at any time with the Board of Supervisors. A separate form must be filed for each Board or Commission on which you would consider serving. If you are not appointed, your application will be retained for 18 months and then destroyed if not reactivated by you. Please be advised that this application is a public document and may be reproduced and distributed to the public upon request. You may attach additional sheets if more space is needed.

The membership of some boards is also regulated by state law and may impact who can serve on certain boards on the basis of location of residence, veteran status, occupation, or other lawful criteria.

Questions may be directed to the Cerro Gordo County Personnel Department at 641-421-3075.