Welcome to the Cerro Gordo County Treasurer’s website. We hope this site will provide you with the information you need and make contacting our office easier and more efficient. We are committed to carrying out the responsibilities of this office while providing outstanding customer service through a process of continuous evaluation and improvement of the way in which we do business. Our primary functions are outlined below.
Collection of taxes for real estate and mobile homes as well as special and drainage assessments. We can assist you with tax payment inquiries and payments, tax sale information, elderly, disabled and rent credits. We conduct the annual tax sale to collect outstanding delinquent taxes. Taxes, can be paid in the office, by mail or online at www.iowatreasurers.org.
- Click Here for Cerro Gordo Property Tax Search
- Mobile Home inquiry
- Mobile Home credit for elderly and disabled
- Property Tax Credit for elderly and disabled
- Real Estate inquiry
- Rent Reimbursement
- Special and Drainage Assessment schedules
- Tax Sale
Our motor vehicle personnel issues vehicle titles and registrations and mails registration renewal notices to owners. Motor vehicle renewals can be paid in the office, by mail or online at www.iowatreasurers.org using the PIN provided on the mailed notice.
- Apply for registration refunds on sold vehicles
- Junk Certificates
- Motor vehicle and trailer registration renewals
- Motor vehicle and trailer titling and transfers (new and used)
- Parking ticket collection
- Permanent and temporary disabled parking permits and plates
- Security interests noted and released
- Serve as agents for the Iowa Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Department of Revenue and Finance (DOR).
- Specialty & Personalized plates
We are a Passport Acceptance Facility. Our agents execute new applications, offer assistance on renewals of passports and provide passport photo support for a nominal fee.
- Assist with renewals
- Process new applications
- Take photographs
This office is also responsible for the financial administration, banking services, cash management, and investments for the county. We manage the distribution of collections to schools, cities and other taxing agencies.
Our Payment Options
- We accept cash and checks
- Debit cards
- Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit cards are accepted for a fee
- ACH (automated clearing house) monthly or semi-annual payments
- Please note checks are required for passport payments