Want to avoid in person contact? Did you know you can start a police report online?  

Patrol Car



Contact Us

  • Communications:     641-421-3000
  • Jail (24hr):                641-421-3004
  • Civil (8am -4:30pm): 641-421-3149

To report an emergency requiring police, fire or ambulance, please call 911.

To report a non-emergency situation 24 hrs please call communications 641-421-3000 or submit this report form.

Special Attention or Vacation Request

Request the Radar/Speed Limit Trailer at a location.

Listen to the Public Safety Scanner with this app!

Missing Animal Report for Mason City or Cerro Gordo County residents (if you lost your pet)

Found Dog Report for county residents who found a dog and need it transported to the animal shelter

County Crime Statistics

Crime Reports Map

Daily Incident Report


Frequently Asked Questions

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • Can I run a criminal history on myself or someone I know?

  • Child safety seat information.

  • Do I have a warrant and how do I take care of it?

  • How do I get a copy of an accident or incident report?

  • How do I pay a traffic ticket?

  • I’m going on vacation and would like to notify the sheriff’s office.

  • I’m on probation to the sheriff’s office, what do I do?

  • What are the legal standards for window tinting on vehicles?

  • What are the road conditions?

  • Who do I call regarding a stray animal in the county?