A Zoning Permit is required to build all types of structures such as:
- Utility buildings
- Temporary structures
- Change of use
What do I need to apply?
- Drawing showing:
- Location of the proposed structure
- Dimensions or size of structure
- Closest distance to other structures (if less than 20 feet away from where you want to build)
- Closest distances to all property lines (including the right-of-way line along streets)
If building a new house or home addition:
- Floor plan of the house or addition
How can I apply?
Submit completed application:
In Person: Turn in an application directly to our office:
Cerro Gordo County Courthouse
220 N Washington Avenue
Mason City, IA, 50401
By Mail: Mail an application to address above.
220 N. Washington Avenue
Mason City, IA 50401
Phone: (641) 421-3075
Fax: (641) 421-3088
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday thru Friday