Safety Tips for Flooding
- Never attempt to cross a water covered road! Find an alternative route.
- Be especially cautious at night!
- Don't allow children to play near high water!
Sign up for weather and emergency notifications
Our Mission is to provide a comprehensive and integrated emergency management system that coordinates community resources to protect lives, property and the environment through mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery from all natural and manmade hazards that may impact our county.
Build an Emergency Supply Kit
In an emergency, there are items you and your family will need. Pack a bag with items listed below. After assembling your kit, store it in a place known to all household members. Review the contents of your kit periodically to make sure stored medications are up to date.
- Water and non-perishable food for each person for 3-5 days.
- First aid kit
- Battery-operated flashlight and radio, and extra batteries for each
- Extra clothing and bedding (including shoes)
- Personal hygiene items
- Specialty items such as prescription medications, baby formula, diapers and pet supplies
- Plates, cups, utensils and a can opener
- Copies of important documents such as driver’s licenses, birth certificates, insurance policies and financial information