IMPORTANT CHANGES - Cerro Gordo County Auditor and Commissioner of Elections Adam Wedmore is encouraging those wishing to vote in the June 2 Primary Election to vote absentee by mail due to the COVID-19 pandemic. See Press Release for more details.
Iowa's ID Requirements
Iowa pre-registered voters will be required to show one form of Proof of Identity at the polls before they vote:
- Iowa Driver's License (not expired more than 90 days)
- Non-operator's ID (not expired more than 90 days)
- U.S. Passport (not expired)
- U.S. Military ID or Veteran's ID (not expired)
- Iowa Voter Identification Card (must be signed)
- Tribal ID Card/Document (must be signed, with photo, not expired)
Voters without the necessary ID will be offered a provisional ballot and can provide ID up until the time of the county canvass of votes.
If Proof of Identity does not contain the voter's current address, one form of Proof of Residence must be provided:
- Residential lease
- Utility bill (including a cell phone bill)
- Bank statement
- Government check
- Other government document
- Property tax statement (current within 45 days of final payment)
Don't have an ID?
If a registered voter does not have an Iowa driver's license or non-operator's ID, a voter ID card will be issued free of charge. Voter ID cards must be signed before going to the polls on Election Day.
For questions, contact the Auditor's Office at 641-421-3041