Absentee voting in-person
A voter may vote in-person at the County Auditor’s Office beginning Tuesday, January 15th. Auditor’s Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Absentee voting by mail
A voter may submit a written request for absentee ballot in one of two ways:
- Written request must include the voter’s name, address, signature, and name or date of the election. Requests should be addressed to the County Auditor, 220 N Washington Ave, Mason City IA 50401.
- Call the County Auditor's office at 641-421-3027 and request a ballot be mailed to you
- Ballots will be available and mailed January 15th.
Polls are open Tuesday, February 5, 12 noon until 8:00 p.m. at Rockwell Community Center.
Iowa's New ID Requirements
Beginning January 1, 2019, Iowa pre-registered voters will be required to show one form of Proof of Identity at the polls before they vote:
- Iowa Driver's License (not expired more than 90 days)
- Non-operator's ID (not expired more than 90 days)
- U.S. Passport (not expired)
- U.S. Military ID or Veteran's ID (not expired)
- Iowa Voter Identification Card (must be signed)
- Tribal ID Card/Document (must be signed, with photo, not expired)
Voters without the necessary ID will be offered a provisional ballot and can provide ID up until the time of the county canvass of votes.
If Proof of Identity does not contain the voter's current address, one form of Proof of Residence must be provided:
- Residential lease
- Utility bill (including a cell phone bill)
- Bank statement
- Government check
- Other government document
- Property tax statement (current within 45 days of final payment)
Don't have an ID?
If a registered voter does not have an Iowa driver's license or non-operator's ID, a voter ID card will be issued free of charge. Voter ID cards must be signed before going to the polls on Election Day.